Saturday, January 17, 2009

Initial D Mazda RX-7 (FD3S)





I had always been a fan of Initial D. Spending a great amount of time and money on the arcades, buying the comic's (some only) and models. This is my first 1/24 Initial D model kit. It's from Fujimi. Well, it is quite decent to me. Although it had a generic chassis but overall it still looks great.!

Color is chrome yellow the decals are sealed under a clear coat. Well, some of you might find the panel lines are dark and I do think so. Maybe I shold tone them down. As it's too contrast with the yellow body color. The only thing I did was drilled holes for the side mirrors so I don't have to glued the side mirrors to the body and cause the paint to melt. So from one photo, you can see the side mirrors is retractable. (Thanks to zenlim for the idea).

I am building an AE86 for a friend and it's 60% complete. Soon after Chinese New Year, it will be completed !!!Enjoy !

0 comments:

Post a Comment